Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH 45433 US
Salary: $115k - $125k DoE
Industry: Department of Defense
Location: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Clearance: Active Top Secret Required
Are you who we ve been searching for? We are seeking a RF Engineer or Materials Scientist with experience in advanced military grade materials that support operations in extreme environments, e.g., high power radio frequency (RF) and high energy laser (HEL) pulses, or radiation exposure.
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance with SAP eligible
- 2+ years of experience in the DEW community for knowledge and understanding of DE technologies or systems.
- 2+ years of experience in DEW development either through analysis, hardware systems or both.
- Must have advanced experience in moderate hazard work areas (e.g., explosives handling, radiation, fissile material, electrical) and thorough knowledge of process hazard analysis, development of integrated work documents, and safety basis operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state nuclear programs, trends, and technologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing S&T and academic databases.
- Knowledge of the DoD acquisition processes, policies, and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within or lead a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Master s degree in engineering discipline or related science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) field highly desired
- Knowledge of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) organizational structures, functions, and communication protocol.
- 3+ years of experience with intelligence analysis, including employing multi-INT databases to develop analytic assessments and briefings.
- Current certifications and access for CNWDI and NATO
- Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning.
- Familiarity working with nuclear-related and S&T analytic centers within the DOD, IC and/or Interagency (USANCA, DIA/DCP, NASIC, DOE).
- Support the development and characterization of structural and functional materials via advanced modeling, simulation, testing and analysis.
- Generate recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other analytic documents, and provide guidance to less experienced staff, review the work of others, authoritatively contribute to multi-functional analytic teams, and maintain currency in understanding relevant high-power RF, laser, and nuclear technologies and trends.
- Demonstrate understanding of high-power RF and HEL characteristics and how it affects material performance in a system application.
- Identify activities and future investments on the part of the DoD, its industry partners, and the extended global technology base to improve the DoD s ability to develop, build, and field advanced technologies to mitigate the effects of directed energy and radiation on system components.
- Responsible for the Research, Development, and Test and Evaluation activities across a variety of functional subsystems which include prime power sources, pulsed power systems, radio frequency sources, and high-power antennas, optical systems and sensors.
- Work effectively with teams of scientists, engineers, and technicians that interface across projects to ensure success.
- Support hardware integration of associated components onto platforms (participate in assembly and installation of hardware both at WPAFB and at various remote test sites).
- Investigate target material interaction with RF and laser propagation to optimize performance.
- Interface with technical personnel and customers to clarify tasking, identify problems, suggest changes, and develop and document final solutions.
- Lead programs and tasks; develop innovative technical concepts and development activities.
- Prepare presentations for leadership and decision makers internal to our government customers.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Keyword Searchstring: Counter Directed Energy Weapon System, Weapons Engineer, CDEW, DEW, Directed Energy Weapons, Systems Engineering, Nuclear Technology, Nuclear Engineering, Radio Frequency, RF Engineer