Radio Frequency Engineer
Grand Prairie, TX 75051 US
Salary: $90/hr. - $118/hr.
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Employment Type: Long-term contract with the potential for permanent hire
Clearance: Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- BS Degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with antenna and RF transceiver design required.
- Experience with RF system integration and test
- Experience with RF test equipment and measurement techniques and RF modelling and simulation tools (such as SystemVue, ADS, Spice, Microwave Desktop, CST, or HFSS)
- Experience with EDA schematic capture and layout tools such as Xpedition and HyperLynx.
- Ability to obtain clearance
- Lead the development of a software defined, X-band missile communication system in the Integrated and Air Missile Defense (IAMD) Line-of-Business (LOB). This is an IPT lead position.
- The communication system contains an array antenna, RF transceiver and PA modules, power generation and distribution, and digital processing electronics. The IPT Lead is responsible for the technical execution, schedule, cost, and risk management of the system over the development, analysis, integration, and testing phases of the contract.
- This includes coordination of approximately 30 engineers and multiple subcontractors with the overall program IPT, chief engineer, and program management.
- Support planning and conduct of major program reviews will be required.
- Review requirements and conduct trade studies.
- Review and update the communication system architecture which includes antenna, transceiver, and signal processor
- Work with RF system engineers, antenna designers, transceiver designers, power system designers, signal processing architects, and mechanical packaging, thermal, and structural engineers to deliver a comm system solution that meets the mission requirements