Grand Prairie, TX 75051 US
Location: Grand Prairie, TX (hybrid less than 50%)
Employment Type: Long-term contract with the potential for permanent hire
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Job Summary: The Reliability Engineer is responsible for developing, coordinating and conducting technical reliability analyses, studies and evaluations of production hardware to meet design requirements.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with performing reliability predictions and analyses.
- Experience with reliability FRACAS and statistical data mining.
- Experience with the FMECA process.
- Ability to manage subcontractors in the Reliability field of expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, technical writing experience, and an ability to perform oral presentations in front of large groups.
- Active Secret clearance required
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Strong electrical background with a good mechanical understanding
- Practical hands on experience with hardware test and troubleshooting.
- Safety Engineering and Human Factors Engineering knowledge.
- Perform Failure Mode and Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Develop reliability program growth plans and conduct reliability growth analysis. Support design reviews and test activities as required.
- Develop reliability block diagrams, predictions and reliability analysis to meet program contract requirements.
- Participate in Corrective Action Boards (CAB) and Failure Review Boards (FRB)
- Identify Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) trends to prioritize failure modes for investigation of corrective actions to mitigate future failures.
- Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), support Concept Screening Board (CSB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Prepare for and participate in Reliability Scoring Conference and Failure Review Board meetings.
- Recommend design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
- Compile and analyze performance reports and process control statistics.
- Ensure that corrective action measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Candidate will spend majority of time working in a team environment, providing inputs to engineers, performing analyses, and writing reports. There may be some travel.