SAP Business Analyst
Tysons, VA US
Title: SAP Business Analyst
Location: Tysons, VA (onsite)
Salary: $80,000 and up based on experience
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This position functions as a hands-on member of the IT team and is responsible for the support, configuration, and management of the SAP ERP system and additional addon systems (such as Concur UKG, Kofax, Winshuttle/Evolve). Provides expertise on the effective use and configuration of the MM/PP modules of SAP, utilizing external support providers as necessary. Provides SAP Configuration experience with responsibilities for MM/PP and QM or SD. Support includes both configuration and functional knowledge/business support. Works closely with other members of the SAP team to ensure company systems are functioning as expected and meeting business requirements. Responsibilities include - Identify, develop, implement and maintain SAP solutions for current and future business needs.
Primary and Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, configuring, documenting, delivering, supporting, and testing SAP Materials Management (MM) and Production Planning (PP) and related software to meet business requirements.
- Adheres to change management process.
- Analyzes and documents business flow from end to end, understanding how applications support business processes.
- Interfaces with business process owners to facilitate process improvements and develop new/improved functionality.
- Understands customer needs and effectively transfer knowledge to them for on-going growth and support.
- Designs document and implement user acceptance and final integration test plans.
- Self-monitors SAP to proactively find user and system issues.
- Develops and delivers training documentation and courses as required.
- Participates in development and management of project planning for MM/PP area.
- Identifies areas of potential business or project risk and communicate these to the project manager or team leader.
- Promotes knowledge transfer on SAP usage and configuration techniques to other SAP Team members
- Tracks project and business time based on company policies.
- Contributes in a positive way via technical expertise, work ethic, attitude, and overall professionalism to the success and image of company's IT Department. This includes exhibiting professional, business like behaviors when interacting with internal and external customers, vendors and other company colleagues.
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
- May participate in cross-functional team and work groups
- Bachelor s degree in business, computer science, manufacturing discipline or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- SAP ECC 6.0 Minimum 5-7 years
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- 5+ years experience with MM/PP configuration and at least one other functional area.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
- Prior SAP implementation experience 3-5 lifecycle projects a plus, in addition to support.
- Strong SAP functional skills and demonstrated experience in three or more SAP functional modules and the related business processes (FI/CO preferred as one)
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and supporting SAP at global, multi-site organizations, including detailed experience in SAP module configuration
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; Ability to listen and probe for understanding for needs, opportunities and constraints
- Excellent organizational skills and strong time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Orientation toward continuous learning
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work a varied schedule, willing to work overtime when necessary
- Some travel required at most 25% travel when not on projects
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with customers, vendors, employees and managers at all levels within the company
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.