SQL Server Database Administrator
Tampa, FL US
SQL Server DBA
Location: MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL (fully onsite)
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Clearance: Active Top Secret
- Perform risk identification, assessment, remediation, and performance tuning; conduct user training as required; create all necessary documentation/SOPs, training material, and user guides; perform mentoring/cross-training for peers; Maintain skills/capabilities through education/training/hands-on experience.
- Design, install, configure, manage, and maintain Microsoft SQL 2008R2, 2012, 2014, and 2016 servers supporting a variety of systems including Microsoft CRM, Microsoft SharePoint (SP), BMC Remedy, and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Leads all aspects of the SQL database infrastructure. Install and configure new MS SQL Servers instances, and configures failover or high availability.
- Develop stored procedures, triggers, functions, and maintenance of the databases including OS installation and patch management.
- Assists the SharePoint team with SQL integration.
- Increase system performance including hardware, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
- Document the company's database environment and provide recommendations for improvement; implement if approved.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring tools and utilities to minimize false alarms.
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third-party vendors. Provide a list of the top 10 most resource-intensive queries on the server weekly and recommend ways to improve performance.
- Create users and assign permissions based on requirements.
- Link SQL servers and other databases such as Oracle, Access, CRM, and others as appropriate.
- Design a database backup and restoral strategy; document major changes to SQL servers.
- Mitigate vulnerabilities on SQL Servers, update POA&M, and update System Security Plan in accordance with RMF.
- Configure and troubleshoot failover clustering in high availability operations and recover and restore from backups.
- Provide technical support to the IA Cell to develop and maintain JCSE IA processes and procedures regarding JCSE's computer network defense in-depth protection for the JCSE enterprise.
- Perform and support updates to and maintenance of the POA&Ms for the JCSE Enterprise.
- Support the development of RMF Security Plans and assist in the creation and updating of RMF accreditation packages.
- Document changes to systems and all required checklists for use within the configuration baseline.
- Implement and integrate IA defense postures to JCSE's communications systems and architectures when coordinated or immediately upon being directed to secure reported cyber threats from the appropriate level of authority.
- SEC+ OR equivalent, equivalent to Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) -Business Applications and IAT Level II certification are required to perform the functions of this position. The MCSA SQL 2016 Database Administration and/or MCSA SQL 2016 Database Development are equivalent certifications for consideration.
SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting, and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.