Pinellas Park, FL 33782 US
Title: Medical Scheduler
Location: Pinellas Park, FL
Pay: Up to $17.95/HR
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30am 5:00pm
Type: 3 Month Contract Assignment (Paid Weekly)
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Director, the PACE Scheduler provides administrative support to the PACE Center which encompasses the clinic and/or day center. Handles a variety of scheduling and associated administrative duties to ensure appointments are scheduled timely and efficiently, ensures accurate record keeping, and complies with required regulations. The PACE Scheduler provides communication, resource and scheduling support to the PACE Interdisciplinary Team, PACE Clinic, participants and families.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training
- Minimum of 1 year scheduling and/or administrative experience in health care field preferred
- Strong computer knowledge in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and the capability to learn additional software, as needed.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills, including time management, multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Exhibit self-direction, independent judgment, discretion and ability to work with multiple teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: EOE/ADAEnsure participant care needs are met by responding to community specialist appointment requests and ensuring team participants are scheduled as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Communicates professionally and courteously with community providers/specialists and associated staff, as well as PACE staff.
- Ensure all needed documentation associated with scheduled appointments are provided to community providers/specialists.
- Correctly enters data in participants electronic medical record.
- Coordinate transportation needs for scheduled community provider/specialist appointments.
- Receives information from PACE Clinic Providers regarding community provider/specialist appointment needs and schedules PACE participants, accordingly, utilizing the electronic scheduling system.
- Communicates to and receives scheduling information from Interdisciplinary Team members, as necessary, to promote continuity of care.
- Communicate via phone and email in a collaborative manner that supports customer service and communication practices.
- Collaborate with PACE Leadership, Clinic Staff and IDT members to ensure participants scheduling needs are met.
- Covers for Care Team Assistants as directed by leadership.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.