SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Environment: This client manufactures thousands of pharmaceutical, biologic, consumer health and beauty products utilizing superior and innovative drug delivery technologies to improve their value to patients and consumers. Our customer believes in a Patient First culture putting patients at the center of their work to ensure the safety, reliable supply and optimal performance of our products.
- Title: Scientist
- Location: Morrisville, NC.
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Shift M-F 8am 5:30pm
- Salary: $45hr (Paid Weekly - Benefits Available)
- Employment Type: 3 Months - Contract to Hire
Usually works with some supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. May be assisted by laboratory technicians/assistants or associate level scientists. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision. He/she may direct projects and employees, taking on a technical lead role. Comply with divisional and site Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 3-6 years of GMP testing lab experience (QC, biologics, stability)
- Stability testing lab background is a plus
- Can keep pace & thrive in a high volume, high pace environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute laboratory work plan / schedule developed with input from supervisor or senior team member. Perform routine trace level sample analysis as well as method transfer and method validation.
- May draft technical documents such as methods or certificates of analysis.
- May become qualified to perform parallel or technical review of documents for accuracy, thoroughness and regulatory compliance.
- Trains others on procedures or laboratory techniques.
- Assists in the execution of efficiency improvement project with guidance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs.
- Ability to learn and retain technical information.
- Proactively address work issues at both an individual level and a team level.
- Executes procedures or methods of moderate complexity with high quality.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Mathematical and scientific reasoning ability.
- Basic understanding of instrument operations and troubleshooting skills in multiple techniques.
- Ability to identify aberrant/out of spec data and limited interpretation of data expected.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities in a matrix environment.
- Recognizes unmet needs within department.
- Strategy is focused on personal time management and efficiency.
- Mentors' junior analysts
- Propose deviations from established procedures and methods based upon sound judgement
- Well organized with ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- May contribute material to publications and/or external presentations
- On an average 8 hour day this position requires the ability to walk, sit and stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms at or above shoulder height and below waist height, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear, smell and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements including reading of written documents, visual inspection of materials and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
- May require the use of a respirator.