Tanner, AL US
Title: Senior Designer
Location: Huntsville, AL (Onsite)
Salary: $70,000 and up based on experience
Employment Type: Direct Placement
The Senior Designer position will provide engineering drafting, design, and technical support to facilitate the successful development of new systems and products, or modifications and revisions to current systems and products. The Senior Designer position offers a variety of engineering opportunities including design, analysis, 3D modeling, 2D drafting, and prototyping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive
- Create/edit models and drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD software.
- Create/edit BOMs using SAP software.
- Design various fabric or sheet metal components and assemblies.
- Detail products designed by engineers.
- Update 2D and 3D models based off redlines and company standards.
- Assists lab and production personnel with hands-on manufacture, assembly, and inspection of
- new/revised products (prototypes and first articles).
- Adhere to company revision control practices and ISO processes.
- Interpret specific system and product design requirements which ensure conformance to
- functional, customer, and operations/manufacturing criteria.
- Interface internally with all facility associates, management, and staff.
- Interface externally with customers and/or vendors for the purpose of furnishing, obtaining
- and/or clarifying information.
- Provide engineering program/project technical support to both internal and external customers.
- Communicates clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel, the customer, and
- vendors as required.
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards.
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Associate/Technical degree in related field.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in similar technical role.
- SolidWorks experience required; SW certification a plus.
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize work assignments, and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Ability to offer their own opinions and commentaries while being flexible and responsive to constructive feedback by managers and peers.
- Application of technical principles/techniques from established practices, as well as a functional knowledge/understanding of mechanical engineering processes, techniques, and practices to quickly/accurately perceive the fit, form, function, and manufacturability of design.
- Thorough, functional knowledge and understanding of Computer Aided Design application principles.
- Basic knowledge/understanding of industry standards (ISO, etc.) and codes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- PC-based computer experience including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is essential; SAP experience preferred.
- Textile/Fabric background a plus
- Sheetmetal background a plus