Senior Electrical Engineer
Houston, TX 77027 US
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Salary: $50-55/hour DOE
Industry: Department of Defense
Location: Houston, TX
Schedule: 9/80 schedule
Employment Type: Contract with potential to go permanent
Join our team as a Senior Electrical Engineer and play a crucial role in supporting the US Government's mission to facilitate free trade and travel while enhancing border safety and security through the detection and deterrence of illicit radiological and nuclear materials. This fast-paced and collaborative project offers an opportunity to contribute to the success of a longstanding and highly successful company.
- Experience with 480-208/120V < 3000 kVA power systems.
- Experience with generators and UPS backup power.
- Knowledge of modern network-based control systems.
- Familiarity with control room/stations and backend control systems (I/O, historian, VM servers, and other control system components).
- Knowledge of relevant standards, such as NFPA/NEC, UFC/UFGS ISA.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate within the Electrical group, across multidiscipline survey teams, and with other project personnel.
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn and adapt to project requirements.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting site surveys to assess current site conditions for new design and construction.
- Participating in and potentially leading survey teams visiting U.S. Land, Air, and Sea Ports of entry to evaluate site conditions for the design of Radiation Portal Monitors.
- Providing complete control system designs for sites, including layout, specifications, equipment indices, datasheets, power, and cabinet drawings.
- Coordinating design activities between survey teams and establishing standard designs for use across various sites.
- Designing systems that may include Radiation Portal Monitors, networked or hard-wired monitoring devices, Traffic Control Systems, Building Automation Systems, Security and Camera Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this role.
Join our team and make a meaningful impact on border safety and security through your expertise in electrical engineering. We offer competitive compensation and the potential for permanent employment in a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status. Individuals with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
Keyword Search string: electrical, engineer, senior electrical engineer, 480-208, UPS backup power, generators, NFPA, NEC, UFC, VM servers,