Senior Facility Maintenance Supervisor
North Charleston, SC US
Senior Facility Maintenance Supervisor:
- Title: Senior Facility Maintenance Supervisor
- Location: Charleston, SC
- Industry: Life Science / Medical Device
- Salary: $100K and up based on experience
- Employment Type: Direct Placement
To oversee and manage the maintenance operations for the manufacturing facilities. Be responsible for managing maintenance staff and developing and implementing effective maintenance programs.
- Support and or must be able to lead facility buildout for commissioning and Qualification activities including generation of CTP, and system qualification.
- Manage and supervise maintenance staff, ensuring efficient use of resources and adherence to safety guidelines.
- Develop and implement maintenance programs (SOP) to ensure the efficient operation of facility equipment.
- Develop and manage maintenance schedules and budgets to ensure timely and cost-effective maintenance activities.
- Oversee the MNT OPS for utility systems/equipment s that includes day to day operation, maintenance and troubleshooting support for facility utilities. HVAC, CT, CH, CDA, AHU, HHWB, Electrical and process area improvements.
- Create and implement measures to minimize breakdowns and repairs (performing quality checks of all machinery, tools, equipment etc.)
- Author, Assist and approve of all URS, Design Specifications and Functional Specifications of all facility equipment.
- Support and or lead utility/facility investigations to help determine deviation root causes, recommended immediate mitigation and long-term preventative strategies. Additionally, the position will play a key role in leading and supporting continuous improvement projects to improve the safety, robustness and compliance of the facilities and utilities supporting the entire facility manufacturing site.
- Support technical information request from customers, internal stakeholders, architectural engineering design firms, construction companies or other service providers.
- Responsible for operating all facility systems/equipment s in the entire campus, setting up and managing workload to support the whole operation, identify spare pares requirements, train operatives and support staff, maintain operational records.
- Use data analysis to help analyze the root of the problem and potential problem by performing RCA, FMEA.
- Direct the facility maintenance department and as required by the company management for the customer, daily enforcing safe operating practices and establishes a safe environment for the entire staff and customers by abiding with all the procedures and policies as established by the company.
- Provide and coach technicians and teams leaders with BKM (Best Known Method) in performing preventative and corrective maintenance and project works.
- Forecast, organize and execute all work order requests assigned in a timely manner. Understand and be familiar with general maintenance workflow processes, procedures and systems.
- Working knowledge of the BMS, EMS systems.
- Interface with the Facilities, Engineering and Capital Project Management, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Regulatory Compliance, EH&S and Manufacturing.
- Record and track daily progress/error reports using KPI.
- Oversee facility equipment repairs & spare parts.
- Set priorities and motivate team members. Work daily to develop team members through positive, constructive feedback and coaching.
- Perform VEMP (Value Engineering Management Process) to ensure Infrastructure are within budget.
- Must be able to support Facility maintenance, shutdown during holidays, off hours.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a maintenance management role, preferably in a medical device manufacturing facility, biotech, pharma, or medical manufacturing facility
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective maintenance programs and managing maintenance staff.
- Strong leadership skills and experience.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal applicable regulations
- Excellent in troubleshooting, analyzing, and solving problems with various electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic controls and systems.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance best practices: preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, and reliability-centered maintenance.
- Experience working with BMS, EMS, Security, and waste management planning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively manage and motivate staff.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex maintenance issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, including FDA regulations and ISO standards.
- Knowledge in Lean 6S & Six Sigma, Continuous cost reduction, OEE improvements and Root Cause analysis (RCA) and FMEA.
- Managed all aspects of complete Project cycle for Capex, upgrade, cost improvement initiatives from feasibility, user requirements, bid specification, plant floor layout, vendor selection, installation, commissioning, validation, documentation support, production handover, and training.