Senior Maintenance Mechanic
Tempe, AZ 85284 US
Senior Maintenance Electrical Controls
Industry: Defense/ Engineering
Location: Tempe, AZ
Employment Type: Contract to perm
Schedule: M-F 6AM-2:30PM
- High school diploma required, and 3 years of experience in maintenance and repair.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office 365 suite on PC platform.
- Must be comfortable with working in a production environment following all Personal Protective Equipment, Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and Safety protocols.
- Must be proficient in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Requires experience in testing and troubleshooting using equipment such as a Digital Volt Meters.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the national electric code and basic fundamentals of electricity and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics, PLC's, repair and maintenance manuals, and detail drawings.
- In consultation with other technicians, perform a wide variety of technical duties including diagnosing/troubleshooting, repairing or replacing of electrical and electronic circuits and equipment in support of production operations and electromechanical systems.
- Work on a variety of CNC machines, lathes, mills, vacuum pumps, electronic machine controls/controllers.
- Be creative in their approach to troubleshooting, repair, and general maintenance.
- Take direction from Lead Technicians for equipment upgrades and other modifications.
- Perform research on parts, equipment, or other solutions as required to assist maintenance staff.
- Work independently and collaboratively, helping with the movement of materials and equipment to work locations and set-up work sites.
- Complete and reviews records.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and a clean work environment.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keyword Search string: maintenance mechanic, electrical controls, PLC, CNC machines, repair, Digital Volt Meters, PPE