Senior Maintenance Technician
Catskill, NY US
Senior Maintenance Technician:
- Title: Senior Maintenance Technician
- Location: Catskill, NY
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: $27.00 an hour and up based on experience
- Employment Type: This position can be Contract to Hire or Direct Placement
Lead and perform routine and complex skilled work in the construction, maintenance and service activities related to site maintenance.
- Perform a wide variety of complex skilled tasks to assist in the daily repair, preventive maintenance and construction of physical plant and expansion projects, including carpentry, masonry, electrical, heating/air-conditioning, plumbing, painting, mechanical and floor/wall coating installation.
- Perform specialized electrical, plumbing or HVAC/boiler inspection and maintenance tasks. Operate construction and maintenance equipment and power tools; maintain hand tools and assigned equipment; perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Examine machinery and equipment to diagnose trouble using basic mechanical tools and equipment. Disassemble machines and equipment and adjust, replace or repair broken or defective parts and pieces.
- Inspect completed mechanical repairs for quality, safety, and proper operation.
- Participate in snow removal and ice remediation activities such as shoveling, plowing and spreading de-icing agents on walkways and parking lots, where site weather conditions necessitate.
- Assist in the construction of capital improvement projects.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance repairs and services.
- Gather information on maintenance equipment, parts, and products as needed.
- Utilize proper safety precautions related to all work performed.
- Respond to emergencies as needed. Provide 24-hour on-call maintenance coverage, as scheduled in rotation.
- Operate yard equipment such as lawn mower, tractor/skid steer, forklift and pickup truck, including attaching and removing equipment such as snowplow blade.
- Assist in the training of department staff. May assign and oversee the work of lower level department members.
- Take proper safety precautions and utilize appropriate safety gear/equipment in the performance of all duties.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- This position requires participation in 24-hour on-call rotating duty.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and confined spaces, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position; traverse various types of surfaces; operate equipment, machinery, tools, or controls; and reach.
- Typically bends, stoops and crouches on a regular basis.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Regularly provides information to and receives information from/through various technologies, media, sources and contacts. Must be able to accurately exchange information.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) with additional specialized training in maintenance and construction work preferred.
- Minimum three years related experience in building construction/maintenance.