Senior Planning and Budgeting Analyst
Senior Planning and Budgeting Analyst
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Senior Planning and Budgeting Analyst
Location: Sarasota, FL
Type: Contract with possible hire
Hours: M-F 8:00am - 5pm
Salary: $26-$39/hr. (based off experience and education)
This customer: Provides Care and support when it is needed most and covers a lifespan, from the youngest to the oldest members of the community. Providing hospice care, palliative care and grief support to our Pinellas County community for more than 40 years is our privilege.
- Promotes and practices the organization s mission and values and follows all policies and procedures.
- Prepares complex financial reports, monthly analysis, and reporting of financial data for all companies.
- Furnish department manager on monthly and annual basis financial and operational performance metric and trend reports for successful management of their operations
- Assist key leadership in the interpretation of forecasting and operational costs and identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops financial projections, and financial ratios for the evaluation of Stratum Health System and affiliate s programs.
- Responsible for the preparation of new program proformas and related analysis.
- Performs budget analysis of each department monthly budget to actual financial reports and presents summary outcomes of analysis to VP of Finance.
- Plans, develops, and compiles operating and capital budgets for Stratum and affiliates, soliciting information from all departments of their needs in these areas. Monitors actual fiscal performance in relation to budget request and analyzes and recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Performs special projects as assigned through chain of command.
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is required to sit for long periods at a time; visually read information off of a computer monitor and paper documents.
- Requires finger and wrist dexterity and hand/eye coordination to perform keyboard functions.
- Ability to communicate orally information over the telephone; hear; and lift up to 20lbs.
- Capable of working under the pressure of deadlines and priorities. Reasonable accommodation will be considered for individuals with physical disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive financial analysis work. Previous experience in Non-Profit or Hospice/Healthcare accounting required.
- An equivalent combination of professional experience and education may be considered as meeting the Education/Professional requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in general accounting, budgeting, payroll and accounts payable; financial systems knowledge.
- Proven project management skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation.
- Accurately perform complex mathematical computations and analyze data to detect errors.
- Strong PC skills including Windows, Excel, database applications, Allscripts and MAS 90.
- Ability to maintain accounting records; set priorities and organizes work to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex rules, regulations, policies and procedures; make decisions on a variety of complex matters in accordance with established policies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with and build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, colleagues, and vendors.
- Must be able to travel within Stratum s service area as needed during daylight and nighttime hours in all weather conditions and abide by Stratum motor vehicle record (MVR) guidelines.
- Possess and maintain valid Florida driver s license and required auto insurance.
- All general office equipment including personal computer, telephone, fax/copier/scanner and 10-key calculator. Microsoft Office Suite and Accounting Software.