Senior Systems Engineer
Chantilly, VA 20120 US
Senior Systems Engineer
Salary: Up to $185k/yr.
Location: Chantilly, VA (fully on-site)
Employment Type: Permanent
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Bachelor s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Active TS/SCI w/ CI Poly required
- 10 + Years of experience in Systems Engineering with space or ground systems engineering and system-of-systems (SoS) development and integration within context of mission, functional, logical, physical, and/or digital thread.
- Demonstrated hands-on proficiency in one of the following modeling and simulation (M&S) tools required: SysML, CATIA Cameo, or Sparkx EA - 2-4 years preferred
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing complex space or ground-based SoS technical baseline, hierarchical requirements, verification and/or validation (V&V)
- Hands-on experience in the application and execution of Systems Engineering processes and best practices. Examples: Architecture Design and Definition, Requirements Management, Mission and Organization Knowledge Management processes, tools, and/or practices Strong interpersonal and team-building skills, as well as clear and concise written, verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Under the guidance of the LinQuest Program Leaders, the Senior Systems Engineer will spearhead, facilitate consensus, plan, construct, document, and drive to successful completion on-target and on-time comprehensive Digital Engineering/MBSE-centric Systems Engineering Processes and Methodologies that span complete systems development lifecycle activities.
- Ensure consistent and robust synthesis and documentation of common and/or mission-specific, tailored digital modeling, simulation, and analysis (MS&A) methodologies and best practices.
- Provide Enterprise-wide Data and Knowledge Governance strategy and implementation plans that maximize process efficiency and user benefits associated with optimum construct of Authoritative Source(s) of Truth (ASoT) repositories, organizational productivity, and end-to-end information assurance associated with Customer-specific Cyber/IT framework and mandates.
- Identification, coordination, creation, integration, and documentation of end-to-end [systems development] systems engineering and MS&A Process Workflows including but not limited to work products and schedule review, prioritization, and approval.
- Lead and collaborate with internal and external partners/stakeholders under various teaming formats e.g. working groups (WG), steering groups, Integrated Product Teams (IPT) etc. in response to and/or support of cross-enterprise digital engineering-related initiatives to solicit, establish, negotiate, and/or communicate Systems Engineering/Digital Engineering guidance e.g. standardized processes, tools, techniques etc.
- Judiciously and effectively balance elements of traditional document-based Systems Engineering lifecycle management processes with digitization- and virtualization-centric processes and techniques to effectively and assuredly achieve end-to-end Digital Engineering Transformation of both Customer organization(s) and Enterprise-wide culture. Special focus of this position is placed on implementation of digital-centric tools and techniques to deliver both enhanced real-time [program/project] schedule management situation awareness and forward-leaning planning and resolution of schedule-driven risks and opportunities.
- Decisively lead, impactfully collaborate, substantively contribute to, and/or comprehensively take charge of taskings and milestones in the formulation, planning, and delivery of step-by-step Digital Engineering/MBSE guidance and tutorials as part of Customer Training requirements.
- Provide hands-on oversight of and mentorship to cognizant program-wide Systems Engineers to plan, develop, manage, track, and fulfill all contract deliverables and internal LQ Team products.