Senior Systems Engineer
Dayton, OH US
Secret Clearance Required
Senior Training Systems Engineer to support AFLCMC/WBS, Strike Systems Program Office, located at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
- The candidate must have a least five years of electrical engineering / avionics engineering experience as a Department of Defense (DoD) civilian or DoD contractor.
- Knowledge and experience with the systems engineering process, requirements analysis, system design process, system integration, requirements verification / validation, and Development Test / Operational Test (DT/OT) processes.
- Providing technical management of the technical execution and evaluation of DoD systems, subsystems, and components during development.
- Experience evaluating technical proposals.
- Knowledge and experience with technical risk management.
- Develop technical engineering programs, plans, and objectives.
- Establish technical milestones for the progress of assigned systems through the total acquisition life cycle.
- Assist, plan, program, coordinate, and control the technical executions of engineering functions to meet program requirements.
- Provide formal and informal presentations and prepare technical reports and papers in the technical areas of expertise and participates in conferences and discussions relating to assigned systems.
- Support development and review of the full range of documentation and products required by DoDI 5000.02.
- Knowledge of the USAF Airworthiness process per MIL-HDBK-516 and the AF Life-Cycle Systems Engineering (LCSE) and Operational Safety, Suitability, and Effectiveness (OSS&E) processes as prescribed by AFMCI 63-1201.
- Support implementation of Air Force Integrity Programs.
- Support requirements development, allocation, and verification.
- Support review and evaluation of weapon system design, analyses, and verification documentation and reports.
- Support and develop technical and business data necessary to build and, as required, present program briefs.
- Support program meetings, working groups, and technical and business reviews as needed.
- Analyze equipment and software performance deficiencies make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Bachelor s degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 20 years of relevant DoD experience
- Five (5) of these years must be in a DoD acquisition program as either a sub-system or system lead engineer within a recognized ACAT I (or equivalent) special access program office.
- At least two (2) years of DoD SAP engineering experience must have accrued within the four (4) years prior to selection for employment under this contract.
SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.