West Point, PA US
Location: Chalfont, PA
Shifts Available: Mon-Fri 6am-2:30pm
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 DOE
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Environment: This customer has a culture of empowerment where team members are trusted with responsibility and decision making. Everyone is expected to take initiative and help when their skills are needed while demonstrating leadership and teamwork. Wouldn t you want to work for a company like that?!
Job Scope: The Shipping Specialist is responsible for handling outbound traffic activities. Position is responsible for ensuring that customer orders are processed accurately and on time. Must also prioritize in order to meet expected ship dates and accurately label and pack orders. Position is responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory through precise transactions and cycle counting
Ship finished goods and raw materials.
- Label and package finished goods in accordance with regulatory standards and customer specific requirements.
- Operate fork truck, company vehicles, pallet wrapper and other material handling equipment.
- Operate computer (Oracle applications) to process orders, generate labels, and post shipments.
- Perform timed (independent) inventory cycle counts with record keeping and reporting responsibilities.
- Maintain safe clean work environment.
- Create bills of lading and contact carriers.
- Develop proficiency with Shipping Coordinator responsibilities, including.
- Allocate orders and generate shipment paperwork.
- Assist with freight tariffs and audit invoice charges from various logistics partners.
- Coordinate freight routing with logistics partners.
- Obtain the best and most efficient freight cost for out of scope freight movements with carriers.
- Handle and communicate all Export logistics arrangements, including scheduling of containers, preparing customs documents and send to appropriate parties.
- Assist with the management of SR s and freight claims.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a shipping, warehouse or inventory control position required; 5 years preferred.
- Must possess the physical ability to lift 50lbs, push/pull up to 1000lbs using pallet jack type equipment.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and other material handling equipment
Receiving, Distribution, Freight, Pallet Jack, Warehouse, Manufacturing, Production, Shipping, Scales, Batches, FDA, SOPs, GMP