Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Sarasota, FL US
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Location: Sarasota 34243
Industry: Aviation / Manufacturing
Employment Type: Temporary to Perm
Schedule: 6am-4:30pm, M-TH
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years experience with an ERP system or an equivalent system
- 1-3 years of shipping/receiving experience
- be able to read and write in English.
- Knowledge and experience in the Microsoft Office suite, Word, and basic computer programs a plus.
- Willing to work overtime if required.
- Must be able to lift 35lbs frequently without assistance. Must be able to sit, stand, reach, squat, stoop, bend and kneel.
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification.
- Knowledge of FedEx/UPS online shipping processes
- Must be detail oriented & well organized
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR requirements
- Use proper Lifting techniques with the ability to move, pack and lift heavy packages for shipment.
- Receive & identify production & non-production goods
- Expedite & coordinate receipt & delivery of material to ensure internal on time delivery while maintaining receiving turnaround time
- Will be expected to utilize various business systems & other related tools to ensure timely & economical completion of customer requirements
- Read & receive Purchase Orders, ensures entries are accurate in ERP.
- Coordinate incoming goods with Planning & Purchasing
- Process inbound & outbound shipments
- Stock warehouse of product in designated area s.
- Operate forklift and transporting pallets in a safe manner
- Delivery of goods to specified locations in the plant
- Process all inventory movements
- Maintain a clean work area by sweeping floors & picking up debris as needed
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the HSE policy and management system, the importance of conforming to HSE policies and procedures and consequences of failing to comply with the HSE policies and procedures.
- Promote and support the 6S culture by improving and maintaining the cleanliness, safety and organization ofthe work area.
- Ability to use analytical problem solving tools.
- Other tasks may be assigned by manager (including but not limited planning / purchasing activities).
Physical Demands: Sitting 15% / Walking 20% / Standing 35% / Lifting 30% (up to 35lbs)
Work Environment: Fast paced, quick changing environment with a lot of team interaction
ITAR: This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Keyword Search string: Logistics Clerk, Shipping Specialist, Warehouse Associate, Shipping and Receiving, Aerospace, Aviation, Manufacturing, Operations,