Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
- Master s degree in political science, international relations, area studies, behavioral sciences, sociology, geography, anthropology, or other related social science field.
- 9 years of relevant experience with Bachelor s Degree, 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters or 4 years of relevant experience with PhD.
- Strong experience visualizing quantitative data (e.g., developing histograms, trend graphs, pivot tables, word clouds, etc.), managing and optimizing new and existing databases, and completing assessment reports in the form of briefs, PowerPoint presentations, and direct inputs into C2IE (Command and Control in the Information Environment).
- Knowledge and experience in use of all Microsoft Office products.
- Willing and able to travel/reside within the Middle East as required by the program. Note: Areas in the Middle East may be austere and hazardous.
- Current U.S. passport.
- Current DoD TS/SCI.
- Project management experience.
- Must be willing and able to deploy and abide by required COVID quarantine and host nation requirements
- Must be able to meet OCONUS COVID-19 Travel Protocols for Qatar
- Must be able to Meet Qatar Visa Requirements
- Must have Valid US Passport with two years minimum remaining before expiration
- Conduct assessments of the information environment, applying a combination of opinion research data, intelligence, operational reporting, and social media insights.
- Provide data visualization and quantitative analysis; manage and optimize existing databases, as well as potentially oversee vendor efforts to build new databases, as required by the customer.
- Oversee design of opinion research and interpretation of findings. Examples of opinion research includes survey, flash polls, focus groups, and in-depth interviews.
- Prepare status reports, assess project issues and risks, and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develop, refine, and coordinate assessment and collection plans for active and future series in the theater being reported in the Command and Control of the Information Environment (C2IE) system.
- Create, determine resourcing, and/or coordinate with stakeholders, the collection of social, cultural, economic, political, religious, and regional identified indicators through all available sources to assess approved series in the theater.
- Develop, refine, and coordinate Series Assessment Reports (SARs) for all active series in the area of responsibility being reported in C2IE on a quarterly basis. Continuously maintain a summary report of all SARs in the theater and disseminate as necessary.
- Collaborate with knowledge management to maintain and update assessments repositories of all existing series assessments, survey data, survey reports, and analytical intelligence reports as they pertain to conducting inform and influence operations in theater.
- Conduct statistical analysis of aggregated data received from team members, other agencies, and organic assets, and author summary reports and/or present oral briefings for senior leadership.
- Review studies conducted by similar organizations and determine reliability, validity and other strength factors for potential use in theater.
- Contribute to methodology advancement for analyzing and extracting insights from large-scale qualitative and quantitative data sets to enhance comprehension of target audience behaviors and reactions.
- Create/lead innovative social science research initiatives, educate staff on proposed responsibilities, collect results from the implemented tasks, and report to senior-decision makers.
- Work independently or in collaboration with social scientists within and outside the theater.
Keyword: social science, statistical analysis, C2IE, visualizations, data scientists, SARs, SPSS, Statistics, AI/ML, social scientist