Sr. IT Project Manager & Business Analyst
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Sr. IT Project Manager & Business Analyst
- Location: Richmond, VA
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM - 5PM
- Salary: Competitive compensation. One s medical benefits (including family) is 100% covered, up to 30% target bonus (individual and company performance), stock options and 30 days PTO.
- Employment Type: Direct hire
The Senior IT Project Manager/Business Analyst will be responsible for engaging with internal clients to advise and shape solutions to meet their needs by properly defining the stakeholder s objectives and mapping requirements appropriately. The PM/BA is responsible for reviewing processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, and technological issues and risk exposure, and identify opportunities to improve efficiency. This role will work with company associates, consultants and contractors comprising all disciplines required to deliver end-to-end IT business solutions to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
The PM/BA will also incorporate experience, skills and creativity to assess situations, and plan and execute solutions meeting time, scope, budget, and quality requirements. This role will be key to developing processes, procedures, standards and documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges. The ideal candidate has a good understanding of enterprise systems, business analysis, project management and business processes.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices.
- Managing project work and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the project including performing gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors.
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results.
- Planning for, monitoring and managing change through formal change management processes and stakeholder/customer relationship management including reporting on variances to the approved project baseline and managing the approval or mitigation of these as appropriate.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Closing the project and formalizing acceptance of the project results ensuring that the benefits realization have been achieved or a formal plan is in place to manage these.
- Communicating with project teams, management, customers and stakeholders including implementing and working through defined governance processes.
- Coaching and mentoring both customers, vendors and project team members in delivery fundamentals and the benefits to successful requirements gathering and delivery.
- Manage external contracts and suppliers related to a given initiative.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Proactively identify risks and issues on projects - leading team to develop risk management and issue management plans.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills in leading the project team in issue resolution.
- Make recommendations on operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Ensure high levels of service delivery, systems availability, security controls and recoverability. Drive cost saving through innovation and critical thinking.
- Deliverables will include project charters, project management plans, review documents, design reviews, change and release management documents.
- At least 5-7 years of Business Analysis experience for IT projects in complex, cross-organizational corporate structures.
- Project management certification is preferred but not required (ITIL, PMI/CAPM, PMP, or PRINCE2).
- Business Analysis certification is preferred but not required (ECBA, CCBA, CBAP, CBATL)
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and business personnel at all levels of an organization.
- Experience in multiple technical disciplines in business analysis, and project management functions.
- Strong knowledge of trend analysis and automation to develop efficiencies and reporting.
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience managing third-party vendors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiar with managing content on Microsoft SharePoint.
- Ability to be flexible in overall commitment to speed-to-market while aligning effective project delivery.