Sr. Proposal Manager
Location: Orlando, FL
Industry: IT/Government Contracting
Salary: Up to $95K with 12K bonus potential
Employment Type: Contract with potential to go perm
- Leads Proposal Management for high volume of activities and as needed serves as a contributor/content developer. In support of Capture Managers, develops proposal response outlines and templates and all associated proposal management and development artifacts in accordance with industry best-practice (Shipley) and collaborates with proposal team to develop proposal response format and structure.
- Provides leadership, management, mentorship, and guidance to proposal team members such as other proposal manager(s) and analyst(s).
- Manages/collects all data calls and writing assignments to develop and submit complete, compliant, and compelling proposals.
- Works closely with the Business Development team, Consultants, Operations team, and Corporate Operations Team (Contracting, Graphics, Finance, HR, Purchasing, and IT) as needed to complete the proposal effort.
- Prepares and distributes RFP summaries.
- Prepares and populates compliance matrices.
- As part of the RFP review process, collects questions from internal and external proposal stakeholders, and consolidates into Q&A format that is compliant with the RFP criteria ensuring time for review/refinement and on time submission.
- Monitors Beta.Sam and GovWin for Final RFP releases, amendments and updates and provides prompt notifications to proposal team members.
- Prepares and manages proposal schedules, reviews, and action registers.
- Prepares and provides data calls to teaming partners related to reps and certs, technical approaches, past performance, etc.
- Works in concert with operational and capture management counterparts implementing a dynamic, flexible proposal development framework.
- Coordinates proposal planning and scheduling and develops, tracks, and communicates proposal milestones.
- Conducts/leads formal proposal reviews in accordance with the Shipley methods as appropriate.
- In collaboration with Capture Managers, prepares for and holds proposal kickoff and progress meetings.
- Generates initial kickoff meeting briefing and incorporates inputs from Capture Manager.
- Leads and conducts proposal editing, formatting, compliance checks, final proposal assembly and delivery.
- Primary interface with Graphics for generation of all new proposal graphics as well as editing/maintenance of existing proposal graphics.
- Primary interface with Contracts for ensuring accurate and timely submission of proposals.
- Works closely with the Contracts department on the development of proposal cover letters, as well as all contractual, administrative, and business information required for proposal submissions.
- Tracks final submission of proposal and maintains historical trending data of full proposal lifecycle results using corporate tools and systems.
- Facilitates timely responses to Proposal Evaluation Notices (ENs).
- Acts as a change agent through continued development, maintenance, and improvement of the corporate proposal development processes and tools based on corporate goals, business development objectives, and growth priorities.
- Leads the continued development of a proposal artifact library that includes historical proposal documents, formal responses, section references and content, templates and standardized Past Performances documents.
- Translates technical data into meaningful customer value propositions.
- Participates in strategy discussions/decisions.
- Attends Industry Days and Pre-proposal conferences for opportunities as required.
- Develops, updates, and conducts proposal-related training for organization as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of proposal development and management experience in the federal government and/or DoD environment inclusive of proposal writing/authoring of proposal content.
- Demonstrated experience with Federal Government competitive proposal/contracting process.
- Demonstrates an applied understanding of and strong proposal management skills within a structured Shipley-based proposal development process.
- Basic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and related federal regulations.
- Experience in the development, authoring, editing and production of government proposals.
- Possess excellent writing skills for both technical and marketing-focused content.
- Ability to conduct research and generate original content as needed.
- Knowledge of various government contract types such as: Time and Materials (TM), Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Firm Fixed (CPFF), Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ).
- Minimum 2 years of direct supervisory experience in a professional business environment.
- Possesses a demonstrated history of leadership skills leading small teams in project execution.
- Possess strong presentation and communication skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Desire to learn new skills, competencies, and abilities is a must and is instrumental to success.
- Strong organization skills necessary and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable while maintaining and exhibiting excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the Company, as well as with subcontractors.
- Ability to support fast pace and changing schedules.
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in related area.
- Excellent personal computer skills and proficiency:
- Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio (must be expert (high proficiency) level in MSWord and MS PowerPoint
- Microsoft SharePoint or other document management system/version control system
- Strong knowledge/experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project preferred