Sterile Filling Operator
Brooksville, FL US
Title: Sterile Filling Operator
Location: Brooksville, FL
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am -5pm
Salary: 50k an up based on experience
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is a US-based sterile injectable manufacturer of parenteral drugs with a world-class facility focused on ready-to-use pre-filled syringes and vials. The company's product line includes small molecule 505(b)(2) NDA and 505(j) ANDA syringe and vial products, and it serves as an outsourced contract manufacturing partner for strategic pharmaceutical companies.
This position is responsible for the manufacture of sterile pharmaceutical products. In addition, employee will perform preparation, compounding, filling and routine facility monitoring.
The employee should successfully meet schedules in a high quality and professional manner and ensure production/packaging areas and work areas conform to cGMP, Standard Operating Procedures and Company Policies. Maintain the GMP areas in a state of control at all times. This employee will independently perform dispensing, manufacturing, and packaging operations following approved Batch Records and routine trouble-shooting and cleaning of complex equipment. Specifically, this person will perform the following duties adhering to written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or written work instructions:
- Finished Product Inspection and Labeling
- Restock Manufacturing Consumables
- Preparation Room Activities
- Material preparation including component washing and sterilization
- The set-up, change-over, programming and operation of various manufacturing equipment
- Compounding Room Activities
- Prepare stock solutions and drug products
- Fill Room Operations
- Operate in ISO5-8 environments
- Operation of Aseptic Filling machines
- Cleanroom cleaning and disinfection
- Complete all activities and documentation as described in Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Review controlled documents such as sterilization and cleaning logs for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in revising and writing SOPs relevant to this job function
- Perform Environmental Monitoring of the Aseptic Manufacturing Suite
- Assist in equipment qualifications
High School degree or equivalent (GED) plus 2 - 5 years experience in a cGMP regulated manufacturing environment or at least 1 year experience in Sterile Fill Finish. Computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word required. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Employees must be able to lift or handle objects not more than 50 pounds to perform certain duties essential to the job function.
- Employees may be required to perform tasks essential to the job function in areas that require the use of hearing protection devices.
- Performance of tasks essential to the job function may require the employee to work directly with, handle, or otherwise come into contact with chemicals or pharmaceutical agents.
- Employees must be able to wear a respiratory protection (filtering facepiece, 1/2 face, full-face, or powered air purifying respirator, supplied air, or self-contained breathing apparatus) for certain tasks essential to the job function.
- Employee must be able to successfully perform cleanroom gowning
Must successfully complete all departmental training modules and meet the requirements as part of ongoing training.