Pasadena, CA US
Location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Contract to Permanent
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
- Bachelor s degree in engineering or a related field and 5-7 years of related work experience
- Familiarity with MATHCAD, RISA, SAP, STAAD, REVIT, AUTOCAD and/or other similar software tools desirable.
- PE required. Will consider an EIT if PE Exam is scheduled.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, and others in a positive, team building manner.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, safety standards, and current civil and structural engineering design codes including but not limited to, construction and maintenance practices, ASCE, ACI, AISC, SEI, ANSI, ASTM, Internal Building Code.
- Strong leadership skills, qualified candidates must be capable of directing, supervising, coaching, developing, mentoring, and training staff.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and prioritization skills on large scale projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Valid driver's license required with acceptable driving record that meets National Grid s Safe Driver Policy.
- 30% Travel (1 Week a month conducting site visits)
- US Citizenship required.
- Conduct Site Surveys
- Design and Engineering services for identified locations throughout the United States
- Supervise a design team of other engineers and designers.
- Ensure compliance with Government and National Codes and Standards
- Manage the design for Radiation Portal Monitor foundations and their anchorage.
- Manage the design for other ancillary equipment foundations and their anchorage.
- Responsible for Radiation Portal Monitor (GFE) technical support which may include the review of engineering drawings, manufacturer drawings and equipment specifications.
- Technical support provided to various departments including Engineering, Design, Operations and Construction.
- Guides and informs on the development, enhancement, and refinement of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria on a routine basis.
- Extensive and significant knowledge of structural engineering.
- Assist other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in technical discussions to facilitate the development and updating of standards.
- Ability to interpret and adapt relevant industry best practices, standards, and legislation for the benefit of the Company.
- Resolve technical issues that may arise in updating and development of standards.
- Work in a matrixed team environment and promote team effectiveness by providing technical guidance and coaching and communicating expectations to the team.
- Ability to prioritize work and be a team member on multiple projects at one time under budget and time constraints.
- Ability to perform and check complex calculations and studies (steel structures, concrete foundations, etc.) to support RPMP project.
- Prepare comprehensive written and oral reports of technical problems, investigative findings, and engineering recommendations.
- Support Project Manager and Project Management Processes.
- Mentor and train junior engineers and other personnel.
Keyword Search String: Structural Engineer, Structural Engineering, Radiation Portal Monitor, AUTOCAD, REVIT, Civil Engineering