Subject Matter Expert SME
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH US
Counter Directed Energy Weapon (CDEW) Systems Engineer/ SME
Salary: $125k - $170k DoE
Industry: Department of Defense
Location: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Clearance: Active Top Secret Required
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance level with CNWDI and NATO access, SAP eligible
- Master s degree in engineering discipline or related science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) field highly desired
- 10 years of experience in the DEW community with recognition for knowledge and understanding of DE technologies or systems.
- 10 years of experience in DEW development either through analysis, hardware systems or both.
- 3+ years of experience with intelligence analysis, including employing multi-INT databases to develop analytic assessments and briefings.
- The applicant must have advanced experience in moderate hazard work areas (e.g., explosives handling, radiation, fissile material, electrical) and thorough knowledge of process hazard analysis, development of integrated work documents, and safety basis operations.
- Knowledge of the DoD acquisition processes, policies, and guidance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state nuclear programs, trends, and technologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing S&T and academic databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within or lead a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate complex analyses at a level comprehensible to laymen and senior-level government representatives.
- Ability to clearly express in writing technical analysis results and program characterizations.
- Experience Knowledge of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) organizational structures, functions, and communication protocol
- Knowledge of OUSD(R&E), OUSD(A&S)/Industrial Policy, Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA), and intelligence partners
- Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning.
- Experience effectively devising, utilizing, and communicating methodological approaches to complex problem sets.
- Familiarity working with nuclear-related and S&T analytic centers within the DOD, IC and/or Interagency (USANCA, DIA/DCP, NASIC, DOE).
- Understanding of high energy laser (HEL) and/or high power microwave (HPM) technology and system applications and corresponding counter directed energy technologies.
- Identify activities and future investments on the part of the DoD, its industry partners, and the extended global technology base to improve the DoD s ability to develop, build, and field advanced CDEW and nuclear weapon systems
- Responsible for the Research, Development, and Test and Evaluation activities across a variety of functional subsystems which include prime power sources, pulsed power systems, radio frequency sources, and high-power antennas, optical systems and sensors.
- Work with team of scientists, engineers, and technicians that interface across projects to ensure success in the area of HPM, Radio Frequency (RF), HEL and nuclear system development.
- Support hardware integration of associated components onto platforms (participate in assembly and installation of hardware both at WPAFB and at various remote test sites).
- Investigate RF propagation, Laser propagation target interaction to optimize performance and lethality effects.
- Demonstrate strong ability to generate new projects and determine funding requirements
- Demonstrate strong communication skills including writing clear and concise reports
- Serve as SME support and advice to on-going and future projects.
- Interface with technical personnel and customers to clarify tasking, identify problems, suggest changes, and develop and document final solutions.
- Lead programs and tasks; develop innovative technical concepts and development activities
- Prepare presentations for leadership and decision makers internal to our government customers
Keyword Searchstring: Counter Directed Energy Weapon System, Weapons Engineer, CDEW, DEW, Directed Energy Weapons, Systems Engineering, Nuclear Technology, Nuclear Engineering,