Supervisory Civil Engineer
Pasadena, CA US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Senior Civil Engineer
Salary: $140k (DoE)
Location: Pasadena, CA 91124
Schedule: 9/80 Schedule & Hybrid Available
- 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and 12-15 years of related work experience
- Professional Engineer registration in State of California is required
- Experience with hydrology/hydraulics, utility piping and distribution network design on large scale projects
- Experience on government / military agencies site and utility infrastructure improvement projects
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required.
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
- Requirements include desktop personal computer (PC) literacy, familiarity with AutoCAD / Civil 3D, and a working knowledge of Civil engineering computer software; Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam Revue, used to complete design assignments.
- Must be eligible for a government security clearance which requires proof of US citizenship
- The engineer at this level is a fully qualified and experienced professional, proficient in the utilization of civil engineering theories and practices.
- Willingness to travel to supplier, client, or construction site locations, is expected.
- MUST be a US Citizen
- Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within the Civil discipline.
- Supervises a group of five or more Engineers and designers by directing technical engineering assignments and coordinating project staffing assignments.
- Reviews work produced to ensure that applicable codes, standards, and procedures are followed and quality is acceptable. Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned personnel. Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project needs arise.
- Conducts performance evaluations, takes corrective action as necessary, recommends promotions and salary actions, and recommends training and development for assigned personnel.
- Helps to define scope of work, design criteria, schedule, standards, and procedures for project assignments.
- Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Provides technical direction, making decisions and/or obtaining additional technical staff assistance as the situation warrants. This may include obtaining the services of consultants.
- Promotes technical excellence on the project, including furthering the Quality Improvement Process.
- Ensures that discipline design work is coordinated with project staff and Engineers from other disciplines by maintaining clear and frequent communications.
- Advises engineering and project management regarding any problem areas, staffing requirements, delays in production, scope changes, or other events which could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Initiates and/or reviews change order requests for additions, deletions, or changes to the original scope of work.
- Supervises the production of project drawings and design calculations.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Keywork Searchstring: Supervisory Engineer, Civil Engineering, Management, Engineering Manager, Team Lead,