System Center Configuration Manager
Honolulu, HI US
Location: Honolulu, HI
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Salary: $130k - $140k/yr.
Clearance: Active Secret
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, preferred.
- Must meet at least one baseline certification under the IAT III position category per DoD 8570.01-M upon date of hire.
- Must meet designated Computing Environment (CE) certifications (Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate) within 6 months of hire date.
- Knowledge and minimum 2 years of experience in the management of an enterprise level management system such as Microsoft SCOM/SCCM, Microsoft Operating Systems, and AD Organizational Unit administration.
- Knowledge and experience with Army Golden Master and pertinent computer equipment characteristics to maintain, configure, upgrade, repair and monitor enterprise servers and client computers.
- Experience in the development of installation/patch packages for the implementation of enterprise systems software changes and new operating system releases.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network architecture and implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the associated IA principles and framework applied to ensure information assurance and security of those services.
- Enterprise System Administration experience on Microsoft Windows platform, and an understanding of a wide array of server grade applications to include Lotus Notes, Windows DNS, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, SAN/NAS, VM, Patch Management, and LDAP.
- Participate in design, planning, installation, and support of operating systems, applications, and services.
- Participate in management of OSD process building, capturing, and updating Windows 10 images.
- Windows Desktop OS Deployment.
- Maintain endpoint imaging deployment tasks including optimization of deployment/management processes.
- Create and maintain driver packages for supported systems (HP Desktops/Workstations, Laptops, All-in-ones).
- Participate in SCCM Application Publishing for Windows workstations.
- Customize device collections for targeted installation/reporting for Windows desktops.
- Customize software packages/installs for 3rd party applications and Software Updates for Windows desktops.
- Maintain system documentation, inventory management, and provide customized reports.
- Ongoing endpoint management for client Windows workstation, including OS version upgrades and monthly patch roll-outs to all PLWN supported systems/devices.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client across multiple sites/locations.
- Deploy, troubleshoot, and manage Bit locker encryption on Windows workstation devices.
- Liaises with end-users, management and other systems departments.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Perform routine problem analysis and resolution design for systems and applications.
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Maintain reports regarding system downtime, plans for preventative maintenance, and disaster recovery.
- Create and maintain documentation of IT configuration, processes, and procedures
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department management
- Participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Exercises independent judgment in the planning, scheduling, organizing, controlling and monitoring of IT projects