Orlando, FL 32819 US
Salary: Up to $65/hr.
Location: Orlando, FL (fully on-site)
Employment Type: Long-term contract with potential for permanent employment
Clearance: Active Secret (investigation in last 5 years)
Summary: Seeking an emerging or experienced Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree In Relevant STEM Discipline (Electrical/Computer/Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering), or Computer Science
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience
- Must have C/C++, and, MATLAB programming experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform some combination of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) assignments.
- Must have experience designing closed-loop control systems.
- Experienced in controls background and an understanding of Optimal State Estimation techniques using Kalman filters.
- Experience developing missile autopilot algorithms is a big plus.
- Active Secret clearance or higher (investigation in last 5 years)
- Developing and analyzing GNC algorithms, Inertial Tracking / Target State Estimation algorithms, and Navigation algorithms using various simulations.
- Develop and test 6-DOF simulation models and perform flight software verification / hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) integration tests.
- Contribute to the development and performance assessment of the Integrated Flight Simulation (IFS).
- Perform Missile 6DOF simulation design and analysis and Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) design and simulation analysis.
- Develop and analyze guidance, navigation and autopilot algorithms.
- Design target tracking systems which generally include target state estimation and target/detection association.
- Demonstrate experience with optimal state estimation filters such as KALMAN and Extended KALMAN filter (EKF).
- Perform design and analyses of terrestrial navigation and navigation state error estimation.