Linux Systems Engineer
Remote, DC US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE
Lead IT Systems Engineer
Location: Remote from VA, CO, or TX
Industry: DoD / Telecommunications
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
Clearance: Top Secret required
This is a highly technical and hands-on position requiring the selected candidate to both lead and participate in multiple team environments and to provide independent efforts to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation. The candidate should be a self-starter and can work independently with little to no supervision.
*Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active Department of Defense TOP SECRET clearance*
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years current Linux systems engineering experience (Redhat, CentOS, Rocky) and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years of Kubernetes experience to include developing helm charts and deploying applications on Kubernetes.
- 3+ years with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- 5+ years with Elasticsearch experience to include indexing, clustering, managing, and troubleshooting.
- 5+ years with automation in Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Knowledge and experience should include computer network operations, network access and protection techniques and technologies, security, encryption, and cross domain solutions
- Available 24/7 for Network Outages and Maintenance window work.
- Ability to work with coworkers and customers to troubleshoot technical problems
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active Department of Defense TOP SECRET clearance
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in system architecture and engineering disciplines. Specific technical knowledge of enterprise level networking and network security.
- Recommends optimized solutions to support current and long-range planning and collaborates with project team leads in the selection, recommendation and approvals of tools and technologies to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve incidents for infrastructure running in Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
- Deploy, configure, and administer systems in Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
- Support and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters and containers.
- Designs requirements-based technical solutions in support of new projects and assists with transition of the solution and design into production.
- Evaluate, Build, Integrate, Test and Prepare systems for operational use and patches for rapid remediation and deployment.
- Install new/rebuild existing systems and configure hardware, peripherals, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Gather and analyze metrics and customer feedback to formulate system requirements.
- Evaluates and recommends future technologies and methodologies that will enhance future capabilities.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures based upon system security and functional requirements.
- Analyzes, develops, recommends, implements, and supports innovative, cost effective IPS/IDS protection systems.
- Familiar with Unix Scripting language like Ruby, Perl or advanced KSH scripting.
- Operational knowledge of system products like VMware vSphere ESXi, Virtual Center, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services.
- Supports due diligence activities including site surveys, design, design review, bill of materials creation, statement of work creation, vendor negotiation and coordination, proposal generation, and proposal delivery.
- Maintain existing applications by fixing, upgrading, and adding functionality as needed.
- Quickly develop new applications as the need arises. These applications should follow appropriate best practices.
- Assess existing applications for deficiencies such as slow performance and use of deprecated dependencies and come up with a plan for resolving.
- Keep existing applications current with the version of the programming language and releases.
- Perform application testing to ensure that new features work or that fixes have not caused any regressions.
- Mentor teammates by helping them learn new technologies where needed.
- Provide rapid operational support, troubleshooting, and resolution to production equipment
Keyword Searchstring: Systems Engineer, Linux, Red Hat, RHEL, System Engineering, Telecommunications, Telecom Specialist, Systems Integration, NOC,