Colorado Springs, CO US
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Salary: $95k-$100k + 10% yearly bonus
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: Active Top Secret required
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, SDH networks with SNCP rings, DCCS cross-connect systems, and/or Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS
- 7+ years of applicable work experience
- Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU data networking equivalent preferred
- Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative.
- Ability to relate technical issues to management and Government personnel, interfacing in a professional manner with management and customers.
- Strong working knowledge and experience on DWDM Layer 1, Metro Ethernet, and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols)
- Technical knowledge and experience in contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc)
- Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations
- Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces are strongly preferred
- Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent, and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran)
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance
- Perform circuit and equipment/network restoration, recognize potential jeopardy conditions.
- Management of circuits (T1 - 100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform testing and activation of new network circuits as well as long-haul, metro and international optical networks.
- Work very closely with Federal government network operation centers (NOC) customers for all demand and scheduled maintenance to conform to customer network management requirements and protocols.
- Analyze network troubles, assess performance data and develop design optimization plans accordingly
- Coordinate and track return material authorization (RMA) requests, including vendor interface to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
- Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems. Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput. Ability to test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms
- Interface with fiber vendors, telecom providers and other entities on complex technical matters.
- Participate as a Lead/SME to select customers to participate in regular customer meetings, procedural reviews, audits, and other functions
- Review and interpret electric data processing (EDP) and as-built engineering documentation
Keywork Searchstring: Information Technology, Information Management Systems, ISSO, CND, Computer Network Defense, Cyber Security, Security Engineer, Architect, CISSP, CASP, NIST, GIAC, GSEC, CCSP, CISM, cybersecurity, MCSA, MCSE, Systems engineer, systems administrator, SQL, Red Hat, Active Directory, solarwinds, IDS, IPS, HBSS, ACAS, ISSM, ISSO, ISSE, DWDM, SONET, Telecommunications, Field Engineer, OSP, fiber, drawings,