San Antonio, TX US
Location: San Antonio, TX
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Salary: $100k-$115k + 10% STI
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: Active TS/SCI Required
- Bachelor s degree in an Information Technology field and 5 years applicable work experience.
- Strong knowledge of OTN, SONET, and DWDM technologies; proficient in trouble shooting services troubles and implementations of transport devices in this arena is required.
- Security+ CE or equivalent IAT/IAM/IASAE Level 2 of DoD 8570.1 is required. JNCIA or CCNA is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Ciena and Infinera Optical equipment and software is required. Long haul optical equipment certifications and training are expected
- Demonstrates capabilities in IP technical discipline. Able to operate and accomplish technical task with minimum guidance. Knowledgeable of common network architectures for routing, switching, and security technologies is preferred
- Capable in use of Microsoft Office tools to include Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Familiar with in the uses of Transport management tool and network management protocols, including but not limited to One-Control, Node Manager, Site Manager
- Firm knowledge of the encryption devices KG-175G/D, KIV-7M, KG-340
- Expect to work in support of 24x7 operations
- 10% probable travel should be expected
- Active Top Secret/SCI required
- Perform Transport Network Management Functions in engineering and operations environment and operates as technical SME.
- Work Tier2 trouble escalations for Synchronous Optical Network (SONET), Optical Transport Network (OTN), and Dense Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (DWDM) troubles.
- Work and coordinate Tier2 Network Implementations; serves as technical POC for service Provisioning, Configurations, and Test and Turn-up (TTU) processes for SONET, OTN and DWDM transport devices. Interface with Lead Provisioner and Tier3 on network requirements, designs, and any other information needed to perform tasks.
- Work and coordinate Tier2 Network deactivation and decommission of SONET, OTN and DWDM transport devices.
- Provide technical guidance, direction, and training to junior and peer technicians with emphasis on Transport equipment
- Provide technical input to operational documentations and SOP for Transport discipline supporting the NOC
- Maintain Circuit Layout Records (CLR), Network Diagrams, and other supporting documentation. Review and provide feedback or updates to network as-built, Engineering Development Plans (EDP), and configuration management drawings
- Other responsibilities deemed necessary by management and/or customer.
Keywork Searchstring: Information Technology, Information Management Systems, ISSO, CND, Computer Network Defense, Cyber Security, Security Engineer, Architect, CISSP, CASP, NIST, GIAC, GSEC, CCSP, CISM, cybersecurity, MCSA, MCSE, Systems engineer, systems administrator, SQL, Red Hat, Active Directory, solarwinds, IDS, IPS, HBSS, ACAS, ISSM, ISSO, ISSE, DWDM, SONET, Telecommunications, Field Engineer, OSP, fiber, drawings,