San Antonio, TX 78216 US
Telecommunications Technician (Tier II)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Salary: $100-$125k + STI
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: Active Top Secret or TS/SCI Required
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience in an Information Technology field.
- At least 7 years of experience in a network management environment.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is required.
- Requires fluent understanding of Layers 1/2/3 inter-dependences and IP proficiency. Working knowledge for layer 2, 3, 4, data networking.
- Security+ or equivalent IAT/IAM/IASAE Level 2 of DOD 8570.1 is required. JNCIA or CCNA is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of common network architectures for routing, switching, and security technologies is required.
- Demonstrates a high-level of proficiency in IP technical discipline.
- Expertise in the uses of network management protocols, tools and products, including but not limited to SolarWinds, Cisco Identity Services Engine, Cisco Access Control Server, EIQ SecureVue, Neuralstar.
- Firm knowledge of the HAIPE and other encryption devices (KG-175G/D and KIV-7M)
- Some knowledge and experience with optical transport technology is preferred.
- Able to operate and accomplish technical tasks with minimum guidance.
- Must be a US Citizen due to Clearance requirements.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
Shift & Travel Requirements:
- On-call after hours/on-call support as required.
- Expected to work in a shift environment in support of 24x7 operations.
- Up to 15% travel can be expected due to possible deployments to lab facilities and other NOC locations.
- Provide advanced Tier II support by troubleshooting and repairing network devices, tools, and services for a nationwide fiber optic transport network as well as network support for two (2) geographically separated Network Operation Centers (NOC).
- Operationally responsible for all IP and network management applications associated with the IP and transport platforms and maintaining 100% availability of IP and Network Management services in engineering and operations environment.
- Serve as the Network Operations Center (NOC) primary point of contact (POC) for problem escalations, interacting with Network Provisioners or equipment vendors to identify and develop solution to escalated problems.
- Operates as network technical lead on internet protocol (IP) and network management (NM) activities and serve as the first level of escalation to Tier I NOC personnel on network issues.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and resolve logical and physical network issues and identify problem trends and systemic issues before Tier III elevation.
- Each discipline focuses on resolving day-to-day incidents and elevate systemic issues.
- Performs advanced diagnostics using software and hardware tools to determine network status and optimize network performance.
- Provide technical input to operational documentations and standard operating procedures (SOP) for IP and NM discipline supporting the NOC.
- Maintain Circuit Layout Records (CLR), network diagrams, IP routing spreadsheet, and other supporting documentations.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to junior technicians.
- Provide expertise to monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot network problems in a mixed vendor environment.
- Interacts extensively with the internal engineering, support teams (FE/FOP), and equipment/software vendors to resolve problems.
- Assist TTU/MOP for subtending devices and conduct turn-up activities for routing/switching platforms and some optical transport platforms.
- Administration of network management applications such as SolarWinds for monitoring, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) compliancy checks, and firmware upgrades
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywork Searchstring: Network Technician, Telecommunications Tech, Help Desk, Teir II, Tier III, NOC, Network Operations Center, Layers, IP, SNMP, Security+, Sec+, CompTIA, DoD 8570, Information Technology, IT, Network Management, Manager, Cisco, JNCIA, CCNA,