DMV/Travel, DC US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Location: DC Metro Area
Industry: Federal Contracting
Employment Type: 3-4 month contract
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the information technology field
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent years of experience.
- CCNP Collaboration (or Voice) is highly preferred
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Strong collaboration networking experience
- Experience in LAN/WAN/Security/Virtualization a plus
- Experience with leading OEMs desired (Cisco, VMware, RedSky, Calabrio etc.)
- Hands on implementation skills required
- Strong technical writing experience
- Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks
- Will travel to multiple customer locations throughout DC Metro area (can work remote when not traveling)
- Designing, configuring, testing, and implementing Voice and Collaboration solutions supporting Federal, Civilian and Commercial customers.
- Performs network and collaboration application assessments and participates in the installation and configuration of new networks and upgrading of existing networks.
- Works with network service providers of both commercial entities (ex. Network service providers) and government entities (ex. IRM) monitor and troubleshoot service.
- Leads documentation efforts to develop network topology and as-built documentation, low-level and high-level design documentation, and deployment plan documentation.
Keyword: network engineer, network architect, ccna, ccnp, ccie, UC, collaboration engineer,