SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Environment: We serve as the center of commerce for the wholesale furniture, gift, home decor and apparel industries with more than 20 million square feet of premium wholesale showroom space in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas, and Atlanta. With the launch of Juniper in 2020, we now provide the only omni-channel sales and marketing platform that seamlessly connects physical and digital wholesale commerce for the furniture, home d cor, gift, and apparel industries.
Title: Utility Mechanic
Location: Atlanta, GA
Industry: Wholesale Furniture, Gift, Home D cor, Apparel
Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm w/ 4-5 weekends a year required (Benefits Available)
Salary: $20- $25/ hour plus bonus and overtime
Employment Type: Direct Hire - Permanent
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Replaces fluorescent lights and ballasts as well as light bulbs using a ladder and an extension suction stick.
- Locates defective electrical outlets, switches and breakers.
- Maintains lighting supplies in designated storage areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assists with responding to building service calls for maintenance repair and other special requests.
- Keep MP2 records current.
- Service flush valves assemblies.
- Replaces seals and gaskets on faucets and valves and removes/replaces p-traps.
- Unclogs drains with drain auger.
- Assists other mechanics with changing HVAC filters and cleaning cooling towers.
- Provides assistance to other mechanics on major equipment inspections via hands-on or remote monitoring with radios.
- Provides assistance during special market and tradeshow events.
- Assists with maintaining equipment rooms and work areas in a neat and clean manner.
- Adjusts door closers and repairs door hardware.
- Responds to building emergencies as directed to ensure tenant and building safety (e.g., operating fire extinguisher, we vacuum, etc.)
- To follow and maintain a weekly utility work schedule as well as able to operate a scissor lift and boom lift (or willing to learn and not afraid of highs).
- High school diploma or general education degree;
- Prior related work experience in building maintenance is preferred, with basic electrical wiring on receptacles and florescent lighting as well as full knowledge on how to use a volt /ohm-meter , basic plumbing on toilets and faucets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills the individual builds relationships with the Engineering team members, AMC colleagues at all levels, prospective candidates, and third party vendors; has the ability to work with minimal supervision in a professional, courteous manner while demonstrating diplomacy, tact, and discretion.
- Customer service orientation the individual has a passion for meeting and exceeding the needs of internal and external customers and will be a strong team player.
- Excellent oral communication the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from AMC employees, customers, and the general public.
- Excellent written communication the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information; has the ability to write, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Time management the individual prioritizes and plans multiple work activities to meet deadlines, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control the individual is well organized, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Problem solving the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully to identify solutions
- Adaptability the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability the individual is self-motivated, consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Visibility the individual interacts with employees and contractors on a daily basis.