District of Columbia, DC US
Salary: $140k to $150k/yr.
Industry: Department of Defense
Location: Washington, D.C. (fully on-site)
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated professional experience in an IT data center role at least two of which were in a VM Ware SME/Senior Engineer position.
- Two plus years in support of a civilian federal government agency in a TS environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal government agency policies and procedures for datacenter operations.
- VMware ESXi/ESX and VMware vSphere certifications such as VMware Certified Advanced Professional, VMware Certified Design Expert required.
- Current MCSE or CCNP certification preferred, but will consider other current certifications.
- Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI access
- Must be a US citizen and all immediate family members and all members of the candidate s household must be US citizens.
- Implement changes and upgrades to the system, efficiently and effectively, including migration to newer versions of VM Ware.
- Proactively maintain and improve the performance and availability of key applications used by the client.
- Work with a team of Systems Engineers and Administrators providing daily operational support for a MS Windows based network.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of systems upgrades working on-site as a representative VM Ware SME of the clients engineering team.
- Support ongoing product development and maintenance projects which include developing, debugging, and tuning improvements to the system.
- Serve as senior level administrator/engineer for all related domain policies implemented through Group Policy Objects (GPO) to include user and computer security initiatives, access restrictions, and OS and application updates based on users, groups and computers.
- Maintain and administer system monitoring solutions to include Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Operation Manager (SCOM)
- Support vulnerability mitigation and prevention for Windows server platforms using tools such as ACAS, HBSS, and STIG baseline configurations compliance IAW DISA requirements
- Experience with: Group policy development and troubleshooting utilizing Microsoft Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP), Citrix XenApps and XenDeskTop, MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and MS System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs baseline control and adherence.
- Knowledge and experience administering systems in Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016 environments including clustering, Group Policies, advanced configuration, anti-virus and anti-malware software, email gateways, NetApp SAN storage, network routing, and PowerShell scripting.
- Expert working knowledge of MS Exchange, MS Active Directory, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures; DNS, GPO's, Message tracking and performance.
- Expert VM Ware hands on experience with VMware ESXi/ESX, VMware vSphere Update Manager, VMware vSphere Replication Appliance, VMware vSphere Storage Appliance and migration experience to the latest versions desirable.