VP of Business Development
Brooksville, FL 34604 US
VP of Business Development
- Title: VP of Business Development
- Location: Brooksville, FL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am -5pm
- Salary: Competitive based on experience
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is a US based sterile injectable pharmaceutical manufacturing company offering an acute care pipeline and CDMO services for sterile injectable pharmaceutical products across numerous packaging formats. Along with the core manufacturing business, the Company possesses advanced R&D capabilities, an internal pipeline of molecules in ready-touse (RTU) injectable formats for hospitals and specialty markets, and proprietary pre-filled syringe (PFS) technology. The company has manufactured exhibit batches, is preparing to file with FDA and anticipates an FDA inspection in the fourth quarter of 2023. Commercial supplies will follow thereafter.
The Vice President of Business Development will shape and execute a business development strategy that will be pivotal to securing revenue for our CDMO services business. With three CMO contracts signed, we expect to be fully operational by early 2024. Reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the executive team, the VP of Business Development will focus on new customer acquisition and targeting customer segments for cultivation. He/she will demonstrate a strong entrepreneurial drive, and an ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment. With the complement of an experienced executive team to support the incumbent, the VP will operate in a collaborative, roll-up-the sleeves manner, and will be active in leading and executing the business development effort.
- Establish a robust pipeline of business opportunities in Sterile manufacturing and lead end-to-end customer on-boarding from lead generation to contract signing. The primary customer base is Generic companies with Clinical trial materials as an add on opportunities.
- Build an internal and external network that enables customer success and identifies new customers/ business opportunities that leverages American Injectables capabilities.
- Develops KPI s and metrics to monitor and track performance in identifying new business opportunities and market intelligence.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the competitive market landscape through harnessing competitive intelligence and networking.
- Works with Operations team to align customer needs/requirements with operational capabilities, exploring possible extensions to the standard client service offerings.
- Supports customer decision making, contract negotiations, and scenario analysis.
- Partner with internal teams (technical, project management, operations, manufacturing) to ensure client needs are being implemented.
- Represent the company at industry events and tradeshows in a professional manner to gain new business leads and opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Life Sciences, preferably with a graduate degree (MBA or MS)
- At least 10 years of sales/business development experience in the Pharmaceutical/CMO industry, with specific emphasis on sterile injectables.
- Prior P&L accountability experience with extensive participation in budgeting and business planning processes
- Experience and expertise in partnering and product licensing models and creating and developing new business models/new markets and market expansion opportunities.
- Fair understanding of cGMP and regulatory requirements
- Experience with lead generation and tapping new business opportunities for manufacturing.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and/or manage a small team.
- Proactive, strategic thinker capable of working as a team player in a start-up environment.
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.