VP of Engineering
Billerica, MA US
Vice President of Engineering
Location: Billerica, MA
Industry: Defense / Manufacturing
Salary: $150k Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Summary: The VP of Manufacturing Engineering is responsible to see that all customer work is planned and processed to ensure control, compliance to customer requirements, efficiency, to assist in the set-up and running of all processes and to assist floor personnel.
- Bachelor s degree in engineering or similar discipline
- Thorough prior experience leading Manufacturing Engineering personnel required.
- Ability to organize, track and follow through with customer work processing required.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes, an understanding of tooling and cutting geometries, strong math and computer skills and the conceptual ability to visualize print to part required.
- Knowledge of various metals including Nickel Alloys, Stainless Steels, Maraging Steels and Alloy Steels
- Knowledge of Non-Destructive Testing including Magnetic Particle, Pressure Testing and Dye Penetrant
- Knowledge of Mechanical Testing including Tensile Test, Hardness Test, Grain Size and Salt Fog
- Having a hands-on approach with assembly of designs and fixturing
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Excellent interpersonal, written, organizational and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask with a sense of time management
- A high attention to detail with a mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), Vison and Project.
- Manages the manufacturing engineering and programming staff and supervises all activities involved in developing, documenting, implementing, supporting, and continually improving efficient, cost-effective production manufacturing processes
- Leads development, support, and continual improvement of manufacturing processes, procedures, and tooling to improve manufacturing costs, quality
- Provides ongoing support for corrective action on manufacturing problems and solving technically challenging production problems
- Research process performance data to identify and implement manufacturing process improvements
- Ensures the organization has the proper Manufacturing Engineering support structure, abilities, and functional groups
- Coordination and monitoring of manufacturing engineering and programming tasks for execution to support the launch of New Programs, ensuring compliance with key dates and productivity objectives
- Support Production, Program, and Operations Teams
- Ensures all quality standards are met as it relates to process development and risk mitigation
- Develops assessment, training, and succession plans for the continuous development of the Manufacturing Engineering organization and talent base
- Lead/mentor teams to implement a plan, in technical problem solving and meeting project objectives
- May we required to work overtime and weekends to meet customer demands.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: walk, sit, stand, bend, lift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, and move continually during work hours; lift over 50lbs, along with over the head lifting; vision abilities, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The position operates in a manufacturing atmosphere. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those any employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: moderate to loud standard manufacturing noises thought out the day; work on or near moving mechanical parts; large rotating machining centers and drilling equipment; and Industrial Mobile Equipment moving throughout the shop
Keywork Searchstring: Manufacturing Engineering, Metals Machining, Aerospace, Defense, Vice President, VP, AVP, Machine Engineering, Metal Engineer, Engineering Manager, Program Lead, Mechanical,