Broken Arrow, OK
Salary: up to $41/Hr.
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Employment Type: Contract with potential for perm
Overtime: Weekends for OT as needed (5-10hrs average)
- High School/GED
- 5yrs+ experience with welding aluminum and/or steel in a manufacturing environment in accordance with Military standards. (May be a combination of work experience + schooling.)
- Knowledge of basic Math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
- Ability to read and comprehend written material, including blueprints, drawings and instructions.
- Ability to pass vision test to Jaeger 1, with or without corrective lenses.
- NDT Level II VT is a plus
- Perform a variety of tasks in production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assembly and sub-assemblies.
- Physical requirements include bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and pushing/pulling of heavy parts and occasional work in confined areas.
- Work from diagrams and drawings and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- Work to qualify to weld in accordance with the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process (TIG) on Aluminum, Mild and Stainless Steel.
- Capable of qualifying and welding in accordance with company standards, and AWS D1.1, D1.2, D1.3 and D1.6 in 2G, 3G and 4G positions for plate and 6G position for pipe. Testing must be X-ray verified.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, fit up, and welding operations of structures.
- Skilled in the use of measuring tools or instruments, as provided and appropriate, to assure accuracy in dimensions of work in process.
- Capable of reading, comprehending, and complying with Work Instruction Process Sheets and Blueprints.